Friday, January 26, 2007

Blackburn signed Cristhoper Samba from Hertha Berlin

DR Congo international Samba, 22, has signed a three-and-a-half year deal and earned the move after a successful trial spell with the Ewood Park outfit.

"Chris came in last week," Hughes told the club's website. "I think you get a better idea of what players are about, and he impressed us.

"He's is upwards of 6ft 5ins and a big powerful guy."
He added: "Sometimes when you have players of that stature they don't really leap to their maximum height but he certainly does.

"He's quick enough, he's got a big long stride and covers the ground very easily. he is also a good passer of the ball.
"We think he is a good addition to the squad."

Samba has already played for Hertha Berlin in the Uefa Cup this season and is ineligible to play for Blackburn in Europe for the rest of the campaign.

"I'm very grateful that I'm here, I'm very happy to be here," said Samba.

"It's a dream for me to play in England in this league, and at a great club like Blackburn, it is perfect for me." "It was a good experience (in Germany), I think of all the leagues it is the one that is most similar to the English league.

"It is a very strong league but in England it is more intensive and stronger."

No comments: